6/29/2017

Sending Hugs Mixed Media Style Card

This is a mixed media style flower card.


Sentiment:  Sending hugs.

For this card, I used the new Tim Holtz distress oxide ink as watercolor.  I love it.  It has a chalk like soft look when dry.  And so, I finished the image panel with a matte gel medium.  I felt that it needed the extra coating to set the colors and to prevent a water reaction from the oxide ink.  I was pleasantly surprised that the final colors came out more vivid.

Here is a closer look:


Included in:  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge ~ Anything Goes

Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co. Happiness Blooms Layers of Life kit, My Favorite Things die-namics, Ranger watercolor paper and distress oxide ink, Liquitex matte gel medium and Stick It adhesive sheets.

Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. So so beautiful, gorgeous vintage feel to it and love your distressing.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn